HOW TO RESERVE A UNIT
Guide on how to reserve a condominium unit a simple way process for both LOCAL and INTERNATIONAL BUYERS to have a reference on having a unit in the most convenient way.
Choose a hassle and worry-free process when owning a unit. Please see below the following steps:
STEP 1: REQUEST FOR HOLDING YOUR UNIT
- Kindly, ask first your account manager to hold the unit you prefer, then the unit will be temporary hold for (2) days in sales inventory
- Your account manager will send you an email, confirming that he received a message as proof that your unit is successfully put on hold and it will not be offer anymore to other buyers
STEP 2: RESERVATION FEE PAYMENT
For Local Buyers:
- Cash Payment
- Dated Check Payment
Prepare a dated check for reservation fee. We accepts check for local checks only. The Reservation Fee depends on the residential project brand.
For International Buyers:
- Online Remittance Payment
Note: Kindly send a copy at email@example.com a scanned or image photo of the proof of remittance payment slip for the issuance of Official Receipts to your respective account manager.
STEP 3: DOCUMENTS TO BE ACCOMPLISH
For LOCAL BUYERS the account manager will bring the following documents and forms for your details and signature.
For INTERNATIONAL BUYERS, the account manager will email you the forms and you may download and print the following forms and documents to be filled-out
FOLLOWING FORMS AND DOCUMENTS TO BE ACCOMPLISH
- Reservation Agreement Form (CPRA)
- Buyers Information Sheet (BIS)
- New 1904 BIR Form
- Prepare also (2) government issued valid I.D’s (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, SSS, TIN Card I.D etc.)
- Signed Floor Plan
- Proof of Billing
- Certificate of Employment
- Latest 3 Months Payslip or Paystub
- Post Dated Local Checks
For INTERNATIONAL BUYERS all documents must be signed, scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org